Wednesday, 1 June 2005

Wednesday’s Report


Wednedsday June 1st 2005

The usual start to the morning, you know the score by now!

Feeling much better today as I knew that midnight tonight would spell 96 hours, which would indi­cate passing the half way mark. I would only have 72 hours left. God, that still seems a long time!

I sat by the computer with a Guinness and began typing my blog. As I began I was overwhelmed by the smell of Guinness. Was it me, or had my senses adapted so much that it could smell the pint so strongly? I finished my dinner (2 cans of Guinness) and proceeded to the scales for a weigh in. I had lost another 2lbs. I had lost half a stone (7lbs) in weight since Sunday morning.

Now for those who were viewing the blog from it's early stages saw that it was a little bland, but I was having trouble with pictures. So I invited a good friend of mine, Bally, round for some tea. We both had two cans of Guinness each as we put up the beautiful pictures.

We then set off into town for a few moral boosting pints with Cos, Mcnulty and the Missus (who has began reading the blog, she loves it oh so much, especially the name 'missus'). Anyway, we were told that the upstairs bar wasn't serving Guinness. Sudden panic. Bally and Mcnulty began telling the bar maid why it was essential that 'this man' (pointing at me) had Guinness. I was slightly embarrassed as she looked at me like a deranged fool. She must have understood the importance as she reassured us that the downstairs bar would be selling the mighty black and white pint. Two pints later we approached midnight. We celebrated together with a pint of Guin­ness to mark 96 hours.

As we all decided to go home, Bally and Mcnulty decided to go and get a chicken, pepperoni and bacon burger. It smelt insanely gorgeous. I needed to go home.

I have put a few pictures of the night for you to enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment