Thursday, 2 June 2005

Thursday’s Report


Thursday June 2nd 2005


Well not much to report today. I started the morning with a vitamin c tablet and pint of milk.

I was feeling utterly shattered. I wondered towards the scales. No weight loss or gain for the day. 1 had a good 10 hours sleep yet I still felt like a zombie. I couldn't even muster the energy to go to the fridge and get a can of Guinness. I just lay there on the sofa, not moving.

I felt so hungry, but I wasn't going to move.

I have learnt from watching TV adverts that 6 out of 11 (on average) are food commercials. That's 54.5% or 55% if you like rounding up. Out of those, on average there are two fast food commer­cials, that's 18% of adverts during one ad break are fast food commercials. Or 33% of food ad­verts are fast food related. The main three being McDonalds, KFC and Pizza Hut.

I then went to the fridge!

By 8pm I had only had two cans of Guinness. I read the paper and there was an advert for a new car. The advert said 'Go on treat yourself with a picture of a gear stick made out of chocolate and ice cream. I put the paper down and returned to TV. A lovely advert for a new pizza at Pizza Hut. Every where I was turning there was food. My brother returns home to have the traditional English dish of bangers and mash. I felt weak.

I couldn't even be bothered to drink water. I couldn't stomach another Guinness, it just tasted too much. I was gonna sit out the hunger.

At 10pm I caved in and had another can, I drank it quickly. I was feeling tired and I just wanted to sleep the hunger off. I finished my can, looked at the clock, it was 11 pm. In 1 hours time I will have been on this challenge for 120 hours. I know I am going to make it, I only have 48 hours left. I have already passed everybody's expectations. Most people only thought I would last 48 hours, 72 at the very most. But I was crawling towards the finish line.

I started to think what foods I would eat after midnight Saturday. Even a tuna pasta salad sounded divine. Then I began to worry. How small is my stomach now? Will i be able to eat with­out feeling full and wanting to be sick. Was I going to have to eat soup and bread for a couple of days til I got used to having food inside me?

Even soup, for gods sake, sounded like heaven, but I really wanted a KFC, or a nice cut of steak, even a sandwich. Something like cheese and mayo, or even ham and mustard. So many foods floating around my head. Every single one of them sounded gorgeous. Even foods I had ate all my life, I had forgotten the taste. A nice pork pie, the memory? Tasted of Guinness. A mars bar? Guinness with a touch of caramel. Cottage Cheese? Creamy Guinness.

I slowly drifted to sleep missing out on the 120 hour celebration.

I awoke this morning excited, a little hungry, but more excited. At midnight tonight, I will have 24 hours left. I felt such a surge of energy. But Fridays report, you will have to wait til tomorrow.

Anyway, despite no weight loss for the day, apparently the change in my shape has been some what dramatic according to others, in such a short space of time. Thankfully they all say I look well. People have even suggested I look healthier than before the Guinness diet.

As always, post your comments and email this blog to the world. The Atkins diet, PAH. Burtys Guinness Diet is the way forward!



No comments:

Post a Comment