Friday, 3 June 2005

Friday’s Report and Saturday Teaser



Friday June 3rd 2005

Well awoke feeling slightly fresher than Thursday morning. Stretched my legs and walked round the house a bit with my pint of milk.

I went to my friends website get.to/chaps to check out the voting poll that was started last Friday before the challenge started.

Can Burty survive for a week on Guinness alone?

Of course, he can't get enough craic.

83.3%

No chance, that's insane!

16.7%

Who knows?

0%

How I laughed in the face of that one negative minded fool. A cracked open a good old trusty can and began to drink. By midnight tonight, I would only have 24 hours left. BLISS. I was more relaxed today and the hunger didn't seem to surface as much. At 5:30pm I had my Guinness, or afternoon meal and checked www.B3ta.com

As I began to read 'Guinness Diet' caught my eye. I quickly scrolled down, there was my link to this blog in all it's glory.

» Guinness diet«

Mburt1 has been inspired (if that is the right word) by our recent Guinness-based experiments. Contending that the sinister stout is a 'meal in a glass', he vowed to live on a diet soley consisting of Guinness, water, pint of milk and a vitamin C tablet a day, for a whole week. See how he does with it on his blog. But we wouldn't get too near if we were you... very poorly tummy.

They were right, stay away from the poorly tummy, which has only improved slightly over the past week.

I would like to say hello to all who have visited from B3ta and thanks for the moral support and comments you have been sending this way, much appreciated. If you know of any other sites I am linked to, then please post them in the comments.

Anyway, there is only one way to celebrate making the B3ta newsletter, and that's drink another can of Guinness. This wasn't a meal, this was a drink of celebration. I drank with much excitement and vigour.

I headed off to the Missus to watch a DVD, armed with a print out of all the support I was getting. She now thinks that along with me, all you good good people are slightly mad. Women! In saying that, there has been some great support and kind words from women, this missus was gobs macked (another first). Earlier in the week she had been introducing me to male friends of her telling them about the challenge, ending with the line 'stupid isn't if, to which the reply every time was That's awesome mate, how long you been on it' which also received a hearty hand­shake despite only being on the challenge for 48 hours (at that time).

She pointed out that every male would think this was excellent, but every female would think it was utter madness. So thanks female fans, 1 nil to Burty.

I also discovered that a can of Guinness opens with a tut and a sigh whilst opened in front of the Missus.

I headed towards my friends house, Jim. We were joined by Mcnulty. We sat and drank bottles of Guinness, which was a novelty for me this week, I was only used to cans and bottles. Midnight approached and we all cracked open bottles and cans in a Guinness frenzy. We celebrated with much gusto the arrival of 144 hours of the Guinness challenge. This was it, the finish line was in site, only 24 hours left.

Total intake for the Day: 7 pints

Weight loss for the day: 2lbs

Weight at start: 14st12lbs

Weight as of Friday: 14st 3lbs

****Teaser****

Well it is Saturday morning, I have my milk and vitamin c and I am looking forward to tonight. I can honestly say I have never felt hunger like this. I really think it's psychological. Because I only have 10 hours left I think my brain wants to make this challenge a little more difficult in it's final hours. I cannot give up now as tonight I have a lot of friends joining me at a bar for my final pint of Guin­ness at midnight. After there will be much celebration. I have more cans of Guinness in the fridge than is really required, just in case of a extreme hunger emergency.

So if where ever you are, whoever you are, if you out on the town tonight, paint it black and join me in a pint of Guinness.

If you do, email any pics to theguinnessdiet@yahoo.co.uk and I will put them on the blog next week.

Check back tomorrow for the full report for Saturday.



No comments:

Post a Comment